I DID IT!

4:03 PM

In January I signed up for a 10 mile trail run. I wanted a 1/2 marathon, but the closest, cheapest and longest thing that I could find was this 10 mile trail run in Napa on April 25. I figured that since it was trail it was a little harder then regular road races, so it would kind of make up for the 3 miles less.

I have been training since then and it has been great. When I started, anything longer then 3 miles was REALLY hard for me. But now running feels really easy to me and a 1/2 marathon would definitely be doable. I run pretty slow, but who cares? My only goal is to run the whole distance. I run about 10 minute mile pace.

So, the race I signed up for ended up being canceled, but I did my own run today with my brother at Montana de Oro. It was gorgeous! Really windy, but SOOO pretty. The flowers, and the grasses and the turquoise waters. Almost the whole run was along the bluff. I am so grateful that I was able to do that. Thanks Mike! It feels so great to have accomplished this goal. Now on to training for some great beach volleyball. (Hopefully now that I can stop running so much I will be able to gain some weight.)


Posted by Picasa

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!