People don't resist change...

12:13 PM

"People don't resist change, they resist being changed."

I read this in my FTMF course the other day and it really struck me. The FTMF course is so awesome. I was looking for more family time and money freedom, but I am getting so much more!

One example: my mom and dad have been studying a lot about addiction for the last 5 years or so. One of the things that happens with an addict is that someone is always a codependent to them. Growing up I have definitely learned some codependent behaviors. One of them is that I used to spend a lot of time and energy worrying about what other people were or were not doing. Instead of focusing on myself and improving myself I used to worry why someone else isn't doing this or that. It drove me CRAZY when people (especially my husband) would talk about wanting to do something, or improve in some area, but they would just stand on the platform. I just wanted to be able to push them! It created a lot of contention.

I have noticed one of the glorious side effects of this course is that I am so focused on achieving my own goals and dreams that I don't have the time or energy to focus on other people and how they need to be doing what they want to do. Another thing is that because I was worrying so much about other people, I hadn't taken the time to figure out what I wanted. So now not only have I been able to find dreams and goals for myself, but I am also keeping such positive and happy thoughts in my head! It is such a better way to live, for the moment and for my future.

I love living life on purpose.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I just wanted to let you know how much you inspire me! I am so excited when I check my google reader and see that you have posted. Your positive energy always leaves me feeling like I am going to accomplish everything I ever wanted to! So, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!