Blogging Procrastination

2:16 PM

Some things that Peja has been up to:

nothing like "mama's soes"


"papa round and round"


"peja potty", "no no pee pee"


"gasses"


He is an expert hat dude. He specifically asked for this one.



I can't believe how much he is talking now. Full sentences that often times only make sense to me, but are very cute nonetheless. Some of his favorites: "man di tuck" (man drives the truck) "papa di boat", "mama hold bankies", "mama di voom voom poppy house" (Mama is driving the car to poppy's house) but he pretty much will say anything and totally copies what you say. He started yelling "honey!" to my father-in-law because that is what my mother-in-law does. So funny! Anyway he is so cute and fun right now. I love this age!


So I have a HUGE pile of dishes, loads of laundry, tons of cleaning and about 60 BILLION things I need to do to get ready for the opening of my business in 2 weeks, so why not blog for the first time in about 3 months? Sounds perfect.

I don't know if anyone even comes here anymore or not, but I thought I'd put something out there to the internet-sphere. I just read through some of my old posts and they were very inspiring to me! It is interesting how you learn something and then forget it and get some of the same feelings and then have to re-learn it. I guess that is why we are counseled to write things down - especially spiritual promptings!

So here is what has been going on in our lives.

Katie: Firstly, for those of you who don't facebook I AM PREGNANT! I am due sometime in the middle of April. Which means I am just finishing my first trimester (which is no fun) and that is very exciting!
Next, Ilija decided a few months back to work on opening a residential care facility for the elderly. Then he got too busy with amazing business things that are coming his way and basically I got to open it all by myself. If I felt okay with putting Peja in daycare all day every day it really would be no problem, but I am determined to be a mom first, so I get to do everything with him or during nap times. That is so hard when I am pregnant and desperately needing naps! Anyway, we have a very important final licensing inspection in two weeks and then we will start taking residents! It is very exciting and very nerve wracking. I have struggled big time this entire process with feeling totally overwhelmed and trying to learn how to truly rely on God. I have realized over and over that if I am feeling so overwhelmed that means that I am trying to do it all by myself. So I have to go back to my knees and tell God that I am doing all I can and I will be calm and know that he can make up the rest. Sometimes I even have to tell him that I can't even find it in myself to be calm, so he will have to do what he can with the frantic self that I am. Truly this has been one of the more difficult things that I have ever done! I feel lucky to struggle though, because that means I am learning huge lessons and that there will be huge rewards.

Also, I am getting to play LOTS of volleyball! Three times a week right now! Which is simply amazing and gorgeous and WONDERFUL and basically is what is keeping me sane. I still exercise a lot and that is great, but nothing compares to volleyball. Every Tuesday morning I go play doubles at Pismo Beach and my mom and I take turns playing/watching Peja. It is great that Peja gets to spend so much time at the beach. It was GORGEOUS down there today. It kind of reminded me of the mornings I spent in Antigua.

Finally, my sister had her fourth baby last Sunday and I am going up to Washington next week for 5 days to help her out a little bit and to meet me newest niece!

Bottom Line: I LOVE MY LIFE!

Ilija: Is so busy keeping up with so much work at Kurrels construction and then with Endura Block he has been crazy. He has been traveling a ton doing investor presentations and is so excited to be learning so much! He is in Colorado right now and I miss him a ton. He is excited that it is football season again but TV watching is down to basically nothing right now because we are just too busy. He was very stoked for his BYU cougars, but they have sorely disappointed him the last two weeks. At least his 49ers are doing pretty good.

Peja is in his "Bye, eye, u" shirt cheering for the cougars in their amazing victory at the beginning of the season.

Ilija went on an awesome Canyoneering trip in southern Utah and had a great time.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow Katie, congrats on the business and the pregnancy. We are actually expecting too and due April 11th. Too bad, we don't live close to each other. Our kids could play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we miss peja so much...at least we still own his bedy according to Lucy. The Pac n' play will always be Peja's Bedy, so we will never forget him! He sounds even cuter than he was before!

    Lots of Miracles have been happening. The biggest is that we are moving back to San Diego in 2 weeks. Dave found out last week that they are going to honor the in state tuition price for the next year regardless of residency. I feel like they did it just for me, since I have been "dreaming" about that one a lot. Yay, we will be closer!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!