A Day in the Life of a Homeschooling Mom Part 1

12:09 PM


5:45 Scriptures and journaling in my closet so that the light doesn't wake up my sleeping children



My precious pink drink keeps my blood sugar even during the day and helps me have energy, go to sleep well and wake up rested. It is an essential part of motherhood for me all of a sudden.


Running time.

The quick 3 miler up the hill and to the ridge takes me to this view as the sun is rising. Ahhh, peace.

Return home to "mommy!!"

And "ah, ah, ah!!!"

And "hey mommy, we are playing chest." (Yes, with a 'T') 

Catch some morning snuggles [learning that I LOVE them and filling up their love buckets]
Shower, quick pick up, make bed, etc. [showing example of a morning routine and cleaning as you go]


Switch the laundry 
Check up on the boy's "Dress, Teeth, Bed, Job" morning routine [practicing routine, creating order, working together, being grateful for the gifts we have]

Let them eat sugar cereal because I don't feel like cooking breakfast. [practicing feeding themselves, also reading boxes, discussing nutrition :) ] 

Of course she has to help too










Time for second breakfast (green smoothie)






Time for a Dance Party
While Peja shows Sasha a "movie" that he made with one of his favorite toys. (more like a play since there isn't a screen) [this is where they usually take the things that they have seen in life over the last few days and re-enact it/process it with little figurines and stories]
Malina tries to buckle and unbuckle that a million times. (Fine motor skills. :) ) 

I play a game that Misha has been begging me to play for a few days. (more fine motor skills. :) )
Practicing their acting skills

Reading time starts with the Exodus 20 because I was inspired to tell my 5 year old about the commandment "thou shalt not covet" because he was obsessing over one of his brother's toys. It was a good conversation and he stopped obsessing so something must have worked. :) [learning that everything starts with a principle, and when you start with TRUTH and doctrine it can actually change behavior, also defining covet, and learning that we can be in control of ourselves]



We quickly fold a load of towels together and put them away. Sasha makes a "new way" of folding them to fit more nicely in the drawer and is quite proud. [practicing creativity with real life application, motor skills, teamwork, etc.]









The boys begged me to buy these brussel sprouts, and then when I started to trim them they begged to be able to help. So they actually did it all by themselves (after a little training) so I could put the SUPER cranky baby to bed. [learning life skills, team work, and also about plants, nature, numbers, patterns]








Tell stories while we eat lunch. [bonding, creating memories, nourishing our body and heart]
Time for my own study time while the baby sleeps and the boys watch their show for the day. This is the most essential part of my day (besides scriptures with myself and family). I LOVE this study time. We are just starting  Little Men for my "mom's class" and I am excited to read it again.  [I'm seeing examples of great loving and great teaching, and my children are learning that study is important, that it is fun and that it happens for your whole life.]

Oops, we forgot to do Family Work so we have some bathrooms to clean! This is a ton of work, and the toilet overflows and the baby tries to stick her hand in the gross toilet and make a giant toilet paper mess and the oldest is WHINING a ton (usually he is so helpful!) but we get it done together. [learning life skills, teamwork, how to overcome laziness, what voices in our head will do to make us miserable, how great it feels to work hard and make things clean]

We reward ourselves with otter pops because I am so STINKING proud of myself for enduring that bathroom cleaning torture. [bonding time]

I didn't take a picture but the next 1.5 hours we went on a walk/bike ride around the neighborhood to take some clothes to a friend who just had a baby and meet a new neighbor who just moved in. It was like he had an animal museum in his house so bonus! we got in some extra zoology. :)



Time to cook again! We made a salad to go with the pizza we were eating for dinner. ;) [learning teamwork, nutrition, safety skills, life skills]

Then I headed out for a "mom's night out" with some girlfriends. I will post the evening routine in part 2.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Looks good! When I got to the "pink drink" I had to laugh a little. I have heard so very much about it from friends but never really thought much about it. But seeing that you drink it and think it is good makes me believe it more. In my mind you are a very healthy person who does her research on what she puts in her body. You are kind of a big deal to me ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!