Queen for a day!

11:28 AM

Yesterday I had an incredible experience. But it was so much more than an experience. It really changed my perception of myself.

First I will just describe the day of pampering, then in the next post I will discuss perception.

I really needed new professional photos so I tried to put together the hair, makeup, photographer and get it done. But it was exhausting trying to coordinate everyone and I ended up having to cancel everything because it wasn't working. And, I was really nervous that I didn't even know what to wear. I was so frustrated! That day I happened upon Chelsea Lewis Photography.

A few weeks ago I went to meet the the incredible Chelsea in her cutest studio ever. She draped me to help me see what colors look the best on me so that I could be armed with information as I went to purchase or gather outfits.

Then on Tuesday SHE CAME TO ME to have me try on my clothes and jewelry. She said what she liked and what she didn't and was making sure the clothes made me look the most "me." Then she took the clothes and jewelry with her. (CC asked me "why did you just give away so many clothes?" Ha!)

Thursday morning I washed my hair and my face, dropped the kids off with AMAZING friends who were able to help me that day and went to back to Chelsea's studio in my jammies. It was the bomb to just show up and have everything ready for me. I checked out the outfits and found some more awesome jewelry in her very thorough selection (it was like playing grown-up dress-up!).


Next I sat down in a white leather chair in front of this amazing mirror. I was being a movie star for the day, so it was perfect! Chantel did my make-up. I mean like really did my MAKE-UP, complete with false eyelashes and everything. (those things feel SO weird!) and a really awesome lipstick stuff called Lip Sense (it is kind of like a lip stain, and it doesn't just rub off, or get on your teeth... see the video at the very end).


I wish you could have seen before, because this is crazy! It is a surreal experience to see yourself transform right before your eyes. I am glad I got to watch it happen because I am pretty sure I wouldn't have known who I was looking at if she revealed me all at once. Ha!


After make-up she just curled my hair a bit and then it was time to get in front of the camera. I tried on my first outfit and then Chelsea worked her magic. 

I forgot to mention the food! The FOOD! Oh my gosh she had the MOST delicious snacks for me. Seriously you need to go just for that, and when my water bottle was empty the lovely Whitney would go fill it for me before I even noticed. 

Oh man I really felt like a queen! I was so queenly that I forgot to take very many pictures. Here is a little video I took 



Then I went to go and get all of my darlings. They looked at me like I looked so funny! It was hilarious. As soon as I got home I started to take the makeup off so they wouldn't be scared of me. They thought that the eye lashes were very entertaining. :)





And, because I had been such a queen all morning, the idea of cooking and cleaning was atrocious. So, we went to go get some burritos and sit outside the temple to eat them. 


What a glorious day!



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love this! Thanks for the shout out love! This teally was such a fun day! Where do I find your next post about your changed self perspective?! Ps your boys are so funny with the lashes!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!