Story Time

10:26 PM




These are a couple of months old, I'll take some new ones soon.

I have been a seriously slacker with pictures - sorry again GG. Ever since I moved to this apartment the blog is WAAAAY far down my to-do list. I haven't even been taking pictures and there are so many cute things to take pictures of. I will try this week to be better. Peja took a couple of steps on his own this week. He is very close to walking...

Story time: Last week Peja woke up in the middle of the night screaming and he cried for a long time. I couldn't put him back to sleep in the normal ways so I put him in the backpack and started pacing the house. Sometime between 1 and 2 AM as I was pacing back and forth in the living room I came up with this. (It took a whole hour of this to get him back to sleep so I had plenty of time to think.) Motherhood is not for the weak at heart. The pacing reminded me a lot of when I was in labor, because if I remember correctly I spent much of it pacing the hospital room. I sometimes wonder why God had to make delivering a baby such hard work. What I came up with in the middle of the night is that He had to make it hard, because Motherhood is hard! The pregnancy, labor and delivery is just the beginning of this joyous, arduous, blissful and overwhelming process called parenthood. These things help prepare you and help you to know that you can do anything. Also, hopefully it will scare off people who aren't ready for such hard work. Anyway, the main point is that every day I realize a little more about the joy of parenthood. Where much is given, much is required.
Posted by Picasa

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I totally know what you mean Katie! Parenthood is so fun and so exhausting at the same time. And there are days when you think "What have I gotten into?" I hope you are all doing well. We would love to see you all and Peja if you are ever in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't have nailed it more on the head! I'm glad you remembered what you thought of because I spend a lot of hours just thinking when I am tired and trying to calm Lucy and sometimes I get absolutely fantastic ideas that range from inspiring quotations to million dollar business ideas and I then I get so tired I can't remember the great thing I just thought of!

    Yesterday, I had a motherhood meltdown and was wondering why it had to be so hard. I was starting to feel like "Did the world just play one big joke on me? How come nobody told me?" Usually I try to be positive about it, but the last two days I just wasn't, so thanks for reminding me about the positive and spiritual side of this journey. I needed a reminder! I just know there is a way to be happy most of the time as a mother. I have made it my quest and if I ever figure it out and write a book about it, I hope you won't mind if I quote you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that Kate Love. It's tough work but more than worth it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!