A Weekend Full of Firsts

9:32 PM


First time watching someone Juggle. Uncle Mike says that he is going to have Peja ready for the circus by age 5. He is going to be a regular juggling prodigy. Hmm...



First time sitting at the beach and feeling the sand in his toes. We have gone for lots of walks and runs on the beach, but he has always been in a stroller. Mom attempted to watch him while I played a couple of games of volleyball. It was too windy and sunny. His hat kept flying off and I was worried his poor almost bald head would get burned since it didn't have sunscreen on - that part wasn't very successful. But it was fun to play. This baby better get used to the sun...or his mom better stop being such a worry wart.



First time to the temple. We brought Ilija's brother and sister in law to the temple in Fresno (2 hours away). The plan was to have them babysit while we attended a session and then let them go attend a session. Or do sealings or something like that, but Fresno (a small temple) works a little differently and instead Ilija watched the baby and the three of us enjoyed a session. I am very grateful for my sweetheart for doing that for me, the temple was joyous. So peaceful and inspiring. I love the temple.


First Bottle! In preparation for being in the temple and being unreachable I pumped some milk this week and practiced giving him a bottle. The first time I did it I fed him like an ounce to see if he would do it, then I breastfed him like normal. The next time was Friday night when I was out at a birthday dinner with the relief society and Ilija gave him a bottle to try to put him down to sleep (it didn't work...he is being very finniky about who puts him to sleep...sigh). The third time was while I was in the temple. Well my fears of him loving bottles and not wanting to breastfeed were for no reason. Ilija and I both cut our mothers off at 6 months so I was worried. He is still a champ of a nurser and will take bottles if there is a babysitter. That is great news becuase now I can go somewhere for more then 2 hours. Not that I would really want to be gone that long, because I really miss him and I feel like my chest will explode with milk. I missed my cousin's amazing play last weekend because I wasn't able to give him a bottle yet. I should have known it would be fine. He never has had eating problems. :)
Posted by Picasa

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Can I just say...so jealous! Lucy will not accept milk from anyone else, and she is almost 9 months old. She drinks water from a cup, but will completely reject milk in a cup. She won't even eat baby cereal with breastmilk because she knows that flavor isn't supposed to come from there! She hardly even eats baby food, so when I let David watch her for 3 1/2 hours the other day it was a huge record (She was a asleep for the first 2 or we never would have made it!) Let's just say I seriously doubt we will be quitting breastfeeding anytime soon or Lucy will die of starvation. Ar this rate I'll probably be nursing until she is 3! Weird Child! Obviously must get it from Dave!(Okay, so I am a little weird sometimes...)

    Peja seems like such a peaceful and easygoing child. It is so wonderful to hear how different every child is. It always reminds me where these wonderful little spirits are from and that they really are their own little unique spiritual masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!