Day in the life of new parents...

4:48 PM

So I thought that I would update the world (all 2 people that read my blog) about Ilija and I. I always read other people's blog and wish that the actual blogger would say something about themselves instead of just talking about the kids. There is very little of interest in our life besides our sweet son, but here goes anyway.

This is a Tuesday:

5:30 ish - Ilija wakes up to hang out
6:30 ish - Go to the gym? sometimes...
7:30 ish - start work upstairs at our house (they are moving to the office this week)
8:30 ish - Katie wakes up with a happy baby, has music hour and plays with baby.
9:30 - Grandma Ruth comes over to babysit so that I can go lift weights at the gym
10:30 Do random things while carrying baby around in the Ergo
12:30 Make and eat lunch with sweetheart
1:00 Take a nap with baby
3:00 Feed baby again and get up from nap (baby keeps sleeping :)) Do more random things...
4:00 baby wakes up?
5:00 Ilija done working, hang out (if we watch TV it is Monk, Biggest Loser, Lost, American Idol, Property Ladder or Flip that House previously recorded on our DVR. I don't stand commercials.) Il works on Real Estate classes he is doing online.
8:00 bath time and bed time for Peja
8:30 Basketball at he Church for Il
9:00 Scriptures and bed for Ilija and I

So I write this out and ask myself, how do I get so tired from all of this? Maybe it is carrying around an extra 19 pounds all day long. Maybe it is trying to find purpose in my life; or maybe it is actually the mundaneness that makes me so exhausted.

This is boring non make-up and non-pose.

I write all this about mundaneness and lack of purpose and then I sneak up on my baby talking to the angels and I remember that I couldn't be doing anything better then what I am doing just this moment. Like Elder Ballard said - the joy of Motherhood is in the moments. I am so blessed...


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. He really does sound like he is talking to angels. Thanks for telling it how it is! It is so nice to hear what other moms do and how they really feel! Oh, We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I don't just write about my kids on my blog! Probably because Jon and I don't have kids yet. It was fun to see what your day is like though. About like mine, minus the baby. I just thought I would let you know that I do look at your blog regularly. I don't comment very much. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have eventful days at your house. Where does all the time go? Your little boy is very cute! I feel like I'm so boring and thats why I just write about our little guy Jake.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!